Step out with your Cameras on World Photo Day 2016!
It’s time to say Happy World Photo Day! 19th August is observed as World Photo Day, also called World Photography Day. It is a day that celebrates the worldwide passion for photography and photos, which are the very first medium of preserving visual memories.
World Photo Day is observed on August 19 every year because on this day in 1839, the French Academy of Sciences had made an announcement to the world that said the photographic technique known as daguerreotype is one of the first of its kind in the world. This technique had been developed by Louis-Jaques-Mandé Daguerre from France and thus it was named ‘daguerreotype’ after him.
Daguerreotype was the first practical photographic technique. Since then we have come a long way with digital cameras, DSLRs and smart phones that let you capture a photo with a single tap or click.
The first World Photo Day was observed in the year 2009 and today, on World Photo Day 2016, we bring you 10 beautiful photos depicting Jaipur and its culture. Here you go!
1. Jaipur’s Amer Fort, a sprawling complex of immense fortifications and magnificence
2. Students performing at some cultural event in Jaipur
3. A snap capturing wedding preparations along with a mesmerizing sunset view in the backdrop
4. A Rajasthani man in his traditional outfit
5. Pigeons at Albert Hall, Jaipur
6. Children studying in their class
7. The beautiful moon-lit Jal Mahal Palace located in the middle of the lake
8. A photo from Jaipur’s colourful bazaars (market)
9. Look at the fortifications set up on the Aravalli Hills surrounding Jaipur
10. Another snap depicting Jaipur’s architectural excellence and the detailed carving work
Get inspired from these wonderful pictures and step out with your cameras or smart phones. Capture Jaipur in your own unique way and share your best snaps today.