Reliance Jio was launched with the promise to revolutionise mobile internet in India. With its offer of providing free voice calls, HD calling, 4G data, high speed internet and messaging, Reliance Jio’s Welcome Offer was fetched by masses, resulting in adding a huge number of users, over 16 million according to the company.
However, Jio couldn’t live up to the promises of offering astounding 4G internet speed. Their 4G exhibits mean download speed of 8.77 mbps but for most users the internet speed of Reliance Jio varies from 0.5 mbps to 25 mbps.
Jio’s promise of extremely high speed internet seems too good to be true but still there are a few ways which can be used to make your Jio experience better. Here are some easy hacks which can help you in increasing the internet speed of Reliance Jio.
- Dial *#*#4636#*#*
- Select phone information
- Select Set preferred network type
- Select LTE Only
For MediaTek processor
- Install MTK Engineering Mode
- Run app
- Select MTK Settings
- Select Band Mode
- Select SIM slot where you have put your Jio SIM
- Select LTE mode
- Select band 40 for best speed or band 5 for best coverage
- Save settings and reboot mobile to activate changes
For Qualcomm processor
- Install Shortcut Master (Lite) app from Play Store
- Menu > Search
- Type Service Menu or Engineering Mode and search
- Open if found and access to change LTE bands
- On the home screen, tap the Menu button.
- Settings > Mobile networks > Access Point Names
- Name: Rjio
- APN: jionet
- APN Type: default
- Proxy: No changes
- Port: No changes
- Username: No changes
- Password: No changes
- Server: www.google.com
- MMSC: No changes
- MMS proxy: No changes
- MMS port: No changes
- MCC: 405
- MNC: 857 or 863 or 874
- Authentication type: No changes
- APN Protocol: Ipv4/Ipv6
- Download and install Internet Speed Booster & Optimizer app
- Enable the profile ‘Non-Root User’ or ‘Root user’ depending on your device root option
- Leave the app running in background
- Download ‘Snap VPN’ from the Play Store
- Select from a list of countries according to your speed/strength preferences
It may take a few attempts for the speed to increase substantially.
Note: Please try these at your own risk.