Good news for the people looking to operate commercial activities in the heritage buildings!
Department of Tourism has issued a new guideline with respect to new construction work in the properties that were constructed before 1st January 1950. Government of Rajasthan has been focusing on promotion of tourism in state and this step is a welcome move for promoting tourism.
According to the guideline, construction to the tune of 50% can be done in heritage properties. On the vacant land attached to these properties also, 50% new construction can be done. Limitation of a certain road width to reach any heritage property is now withdrawn.
This is the first guideline issued by Department of Tourism for laying rules related to construction in heritage properties.
What shall be the process?
- To initiate any construction in heritage property, prior certificate is ought to be obtained from Department of Tourism. The certificate can be issued in name of any of the individual, firm, partnership, public limited company, private company, limited company or trust. For the purpose of this guideline, property constructed before 1 January 1950 shall be considered as heritage and a certificate from property revenue collector, local assembly or archaeological department shall have to be submitted to Department of Tourism to authenticate the age of property. Map of property shall also he approved from Architect or Civil Engineer.
- The current area in which construction has been done and the area of vacant land shall be intimated to the Department. Photos of property shall also be attached with the application.
- Once the certificate is issued from Department, afterwards UDH shall grant permission for new construction or land usage alteration.
- People looking to operate hotel, museum or other commercial activities in the heritage properties shall be benefitted by this guideline. Almost 150 royal families of the state are expected to be benefitted by implementation of this guideline.
A Format has been attached in which details of construction shall be mentioned and it shall also be attached with the application to be given to Department. Details to be filled in format can be outlined as below:
- Name of owner/ owners, Detail of contact person (Email ID, Mobile no., Phone no., Website of the property, if any;
- Name of Heritage property address: (Village/ Town/ District with PIN code), Total area of Heritage Property/ hotel;
- Area of constructed building, no. of rooms available with sizes;
- Age of the property (enclose photo copy of document for verification);
- If any new construction/ alteration has been done, proportion of new construction to the old construction, details thereof with photograph;
- Title paper i.e. Sale deed/ Zamabandi/ Gift deed/ Succession Certificate etc. (indicate whichever is available);
- Specify whether interested to offer on long term lease, sale, management agreement, franchise, branding and marketing etc.