Officers giving a boost and a nod to illegal and inappropriate construction of buildings and enforcement officers for Jaipur Development Authority have been enjoying their autonomy for years.
Filing of reports have been done previously for those who go ahead with illegal and/or inappropriate construction. It is about time to to give a final notice and a clean chit to officers who have given an unwanted boost to such illegal construction.
List of inappropriate buildings:
- It may be noted here that the height of a building rising above 15 meters is unacceptable and not in accordance with construction laws.
- On request of the Lokayukta, Jaipur Development Authority ordered a list to be produced of buildings where the height of the buildings is above 15 meters.
- Such list where the buildings rise above 15 meters of height has a number of about 200 buildings on it.
- A final review is being done of the list and the same shall be discussed by the Chief Enforcement Officer Mr. Revantdan of Jaipur Development Authority with his subordinates.
- It has been revealed that filing of a report against people who have gone ahead for illegal construction of buildings is planned, but officers who gave a boost to the same are not being targeted under the laws.
- Earlier builders and constructors erected up buildings, now on the orders of Lokayukta, officers of Jaipur Development Authority shall be filing reports on these builders and constructors.
- After orders from the Lokayukta, surveys have been made by appointing 4 officers and employees each in their respective zones.
Inappropriate construction affected areas:
- Areas like Ajmer Road are populated with buildings that are 17-18 meters high.
- A similar condition prevails in areas like Jagatpura, Sanganer, Vidhan Sabha Nagar, Ganesh Nagar, Krishna Sarovar, Dadu Dayal Nagar etc.
- Matters where builders have constructed flats and penthouses illegally have also come up in the past. The list has 78 of such builders.
- The survey has revealed that here are about 80 buildings in zone-8 itself which have been constructed by illegal and inappropriate means. It has been seen and reported that buildings which are 15 meters high, still have ongoing construction in them.
A building near Vidhan Sabha Nagar that had been sealed was found to be under construction. There have been cases noticed where the buildings are violating set-back rules of construction.
Chief Enforcement Officer Mr. Revantdan quotes:
- Buildings which are built on government land, shall have to face the consequences of being broken down.
- Buildings which are built on private land will be faced with the consequences in proportion to illegal and inappropriate construction.
- Buildings which have minor violations in accordance to the set laws, will be charged with a penalty fee.
- Buildings where people do not reside or the inappropriate construction crosses the tolerable boundaries shall also be subject to being broken down.