Affordable Housing Scheme of Rajasthan Government
To achieve the goal of ‘Affordable Housing for All’, the government of Rajasthan launched the Chief Minister’s Jan Awas Yojana 2015, which is also known as the Mukhyamantri Jan Awas Yojana 2015. This policy was prepared by the Urban Department and Housing Department to provide affordable and quality houses for all, including the economically weak sections (EWS) and low income groups (LIG) of society.
Goals of Chief Minister’s Jan Awas Yojana
- To create EWS/LIG housing stock
- To encourage private developers and attract investment for construction of affordable houses for EWS/LIG sections of the society by giving incentives to the private developers
- To identify land for affordable housing and to motivate government agencies and private developers to take up construction of Affordable Housing
- Fast track approval for private developers to speed up the process of construction
Eligibility for Beneficiaries/Applicants for EWS/LIG Categories
In order to apply for affordable housing, the applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The maximum annual income of applicants should be as follows or as per guidelines issued by the state government from time to time:
Maximum Annual Income
Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
up to Rs.1,50,000/-
Lower Income Groups (LIG)
from Rs.1,50,000/- to 3,00,000/-
- If you are a salaried individual, you will need an income certificate certified by concerned Employer and if you are self-employed, you need to get your income certificate certified by Tehsildar/Municipal Officers/S.D.O. or any State official authorized by the State Government or self-attested income and residence certificate/affidavit duly notarized.
Beneficiary identification will be linked to AADHAR card or your BHAMASHAH card or any other unique identification to avoid duplication of allotment.
- You must not own any leasehold or freehold house or plot.
- The flat allotted to you must be occupied within a year of taking the possession.
Unit area of EWS/LIG houses/plots
Super built up area for EWS/LIG units shall be:
- EWS unit – 323-350sq.ft., plot area – 30-45sq.m.
- LIG unit – 500-550sq.ft., plot area – above 45sq.m. up to 75sq.m.
- Sale price shall not exceed Rs.1200/- per sq.ft. as per the Jan Awas Yojana or as revised time to time.
Approval of Projects
This policy is based on Fast Track Approval, which means that the approval of projects under this Policy will be completed within 60 days.
Timeline for Completion of the Project
For EWS/LIG –
- up to 200 EWS/LIG units – 30 months
- above 200 up to 400 EWS/LIG units – 36 months
- above 400 up to 600 EWS/LIG units – 42 months
- above 600 EWS/LIG units - 48 months
In case the developer fails to construct EWS/LIG housing units within the stipulated time, penalty amounts to be imposed are as follows –
- For the first three months - Rs.50/- per sq.ft.
- For the next three months - Rs.100/- per sq.ft.
- For the next six months - Rs.200/- per sq.ft.
Registration of Beneficiaries
Non-refundable registration amount:
- 2,000 for EWS
- 3500 for LIG
- Stamp duty for EWS flat - Rs.50 per flat
- Stamp duty for LIG flat - Rs.100 per flat
For detailed information about the Chief Minister’s Jan Awas Yojana 2015 or the Mukhyamantri Jan Awas Yojana 2015, check http://resurgent.rajasthan.gov.in/resurgent-policies/chief-minister-Jan-awas-yojana-2015.pdf